Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iastor.sys Blocked by Avest as a virus/Malware

• Please log in to reply

ramurphy

ramurphy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum and came because it seems like there are some really helpful people on board.

I'm having some issues and it seems I am infected. I just recently started using Avest! and a pop=up windows comes up about every second saying "avast File system shield has blocked a threat."
Object: c:\windows\system32\drivers\iastor.sys
Infection: Win32:Alureon-FR
Action: Deleted
Process: PID4"

This is literally happening once second or two for the last hour. It started when I was scanning for viruses.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do at this point. It just keeps popping up.

The second issue is that when I search for something in google and click on a result I get directed to a page completely different then what I was looking for. I would understand if it happened once for some crazy site. But this is for wikipedia and other sites like that. Does this ring any bells??

In advance, thanks or any and all help!

Advertisements

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Please download TDSSKiller.zip and unzip it to your Desktop

Run the TDSSKiller and wait until it finishes (should be just a few seconds or below a minute).. Then find the log at your %systemdrive% (drive that contains Windows)

The log shall be named something like this one..

(TDSSKiller.version_date_time_log) for example.. (TDSSKiller.2.1.1_22.12.2009_19.33.44_log)

Please download ComboFix by sUBs from HERE or HERE and save it to your Desktop.

During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix as follows:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.

**NOTE: If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:
  • Tools->Options->Main tab
  • Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".

After that, double-click and run Combo-Fix. Let it finish its job and post the log here

If ComboFix asked you to install Recovery Console, please do so.. It will be your best interest..

Note: DON'T do anything with your computer while ComboFix is running.. Let ComboFix finishes its job..