Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

computer speakers, want to find a real good set

• Please log in to reply

sulobaid

sulobaid

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hey geeks! :) . i need some help, my old speaker set is getting worn out, i have Logitech Z-530 5.1, they've been great for a few years but never quite hit the spot as far as power (they have always gotten fuzzy when you go real loud, they are very bassy when you go loud too). i would really like some speakers that can go really loud but still be clear. I was looking at these speakers on newegg z-5500, they look like what i want (although they are quite expensive), but i wanted to see if anyone here can think of something better or just what they think of those logitechs. I know that for good speakers im gonna have to fork over quite a bit of cash but if someone knows of any great deals that would be wonderful.

Thanks for any help!
Sulobaid

Advertisements

Cl455icCh4o5

Cl455icCh4o5

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
forget pc speakers all of them are rubbish, they lack high definition in higher htz and bass at lower htz

the best solution is to buy a home stereo system or surround sound, pc speakers charge big bucks for bigger watt systems you can get a massive watt surround system for alot less.

the only thing you will need is a standard phono to universal jack connector which will cost nothing.
for higher quality you can always add a good soundcard this dramatically increases proformance.

i'm currently running a 1000w Phillips suround through my PC and occasionally my laptop full surround and a massive sub it only cost me 150
for your sort of price range you should be thinking of at least a 800w system.

good hunting

Edited by Cl455icCh4o5, 05 March 2010 - 03:32 PM.

sulobaid

sulobaid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Thanks a ton! great advice i shall look at home stereo setups