Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Noob needs urgent help with system.

• Please log in to reply

ocnoob

ocnoob

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi guys and many thanks for a great forum.

I urgently need your help as i need to buy a system by tomorrow. I can only buy from two shops - one is ccl computer (www.cclonline.com) or Ebuyer.com (www.ebuyer.com).

I have a max £400, although i am willing to stretch a few quid higher, but only if the paying more means a huge boost to speed.

I've decided to create a spreadsheet with two choice of system builds - ONE BUDGET SYSTEM & ONE PERFORMANCE SYSTEM. The prices are the latest for the two companies, but pls ignore the column on the far right as that was my way of guessing what i could expect to pay for each part.

Due to CCL not having the same components as Ebuyer, I have instead added what ccl sell that is similar in price/performance.

Could you pls tell me if we could bring the price down further, or change components to get extra performance for my money...i prefer that you use Ebuyer's site.

I have a couple of questions too:-

1. Since i will use a seperate gfx card, can i go for a cheaper motherboard, that is okay for overclocking?

2. I've only gone for 2gb ram. But is there a big difference in DDR2 or DD3? For example is DDR2 going to cause any major overclocking issues at a later date?

Posted Image

Thank You and pls help me.

Advertisements

ocnoob

ocnoob

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Surely there must be someone who can help me here?

malachi0420

malachi0420

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
I would consider ASUS and Gigabyte boards, as they seem to have more overclocking headroom. As for memory, in real world experiences you will never notice a difference in speed between DDR2 and DDR3.