Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

XP - no sound after malware removal

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Try booting into Safe Mode and let me know if the problem happens there.

Advertisements

gshaw

gshaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I tried starting in safe mode and the driver appeared to install then it said restart the computer. when restarting the computer would not start in normal xp. it would only restart in safe mode or in the last stable configuration ? sorry if I do have have the exact wording correct. so it was like a loop and I am back where I started. it will not install drivers and restart. I am attaching a screenshot

Attached Thumbnails

• screenshot_March_10_2010.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you try Last Known Good Configuration and if so did it boot into normal mode?

gshaw

gshaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Did you try Last Known Good Configuration and if so did it boot into normal mode?

yes , I rebooted it with this Last Known Good Configuration and it rebooted into normal mode but then I keep getting the prompt to install the drivers. once again I tried that and it crashed again. kind of going around in circles , everytime I try to install the drivers it will not work properly and crashes. in safe mode it installed the drivers but then said reboot , then I have to go back to Last Known Good Configuration

kimsland

kimsland

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

This is an old computer (and hint, I am in China)

Try here for your Sound Drivers: http://wenda.sogou.c...n/44062018.html
English Translation HERE

Large Pic of your Motherboard HERE

Edited by kimsland, 10 March 2010 - 10:01 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK you may need to do a Repair installation or did you get a drivers cd with your system and\or motherboard?

dr_iton

dr_iton

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Try this it will help you, i think:
Go to Start menu and chose Run, write this command:
services.msc, press enter. In new window on the right panel find Windows Audio and double click on it, when you see the new window under Windows Audio Properties in page General down to the Startup type make shore it is Automatic and in the part Services status click on Start than Apply, OK and the problem is solved I hope.

Cheers.

kimsland

kimsland

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
The real weird part is if that would actually fix it :) Spooky

gshaw

gshaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
thanks everyone for all your help, still not working

Try this it will help you, i think:
Go to Start menu and chose Run, write this command:
services.msc, press enter. In new window on the right panel find Windows Audio and double click on it, when you see the new window under Windows Audio Properties in page General down to the Startup type make sure it is Automatic and in the part Services status click on Start than Apply, OK and the problem is solved I hope.
end quote
I checked this - it already was set at Automatic - so this did not solve problem

Troll

QUOTE (gshaw @ Mar 7 2010, 10:29 PM)
This is an old computer (and hint, I am in China)

Try here for your Sound Drivers: http://wenda.sogou.c...n/44062018.html
English Translation HERE

Large Pic of your Motherboard HERE

*** nice picture of motherboard, thanks ;-) downloaded drivers, trying to install drivers the system crashed again - same as before ***

OK you may need to do a Repair installation or did you get a drivers cd with your system and\or motherboard?

*** in plain english - this is China , the software was not purchased from microsoft at Staples - no O/S CD, no drivers CD
I inherited this old computer with english software with the job - 99.9 % of systems here have chinese O/S - tech guys here do not speak english therefore cannot help me. how do I do a Repair installation ? ***

thank you very much for your help - hope you like a challenege

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Can't do a repair or parallel installation without a OS disk.
since you have no disk then no way to do it.
If you can't borrow one to use then you will have to purchase one.

Advertisements

gshaw

gshaw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
thank you rshaffer61 very much for all of the time and effort you have put into this. I guess I will try to get a OS disk and start over. I'll just save my important files and put a new OS on. or I will see if tech guys here can do something. with a translator to communicate and saving my important files I have nothing to lose.
thank you again!