Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

My computer shuts down all the time

• Please log in to reply

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Hi Friends,
My computer frequently shuts down while I'm using it. I'm using the latest version of Windows XP. If anyone has any suggestion please put forward as I need to solve my problem.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
Most modern PCs and laptops are designed to shut themselves down when they get too hot, (or else they will literally melt themselves). The overheating could be caused by blocked vents, dust/dirt buildup, one or more dead fans, etc. If it's a laptop and you're laying it on a pillow or other soft materials when using it, you're probably blocking the vents on the bottom and/or sides of the laptop.