According to Nuance Tech. Daemon is integral part of Dragon, but shouldn't appear. A tchnician sent me a "cure" which doesn't work -see below. Have other people had this problem? It is niggling me for I've used Dragon various versions for years.
EXPERT ANSWER FROM NUANCE
Thank you for contacting Nuance Technical Support regarding Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10.0 Preferred
Uninstall Dragon in Windows (Control Panel>Add/Remove programs).
Reboot your computer.
Please follow the steps below to reinstall Dragon 10:
Disable all Startup items and services from MSCONFIG:
1. Click Start > Run .
2.Type “msconfig” and click “OK”.
3. On the “General” tab, enable the “Selective Startup” radio button.
4. Underneath “Selective Startup”, uncheck the “Load Startup Items” checkbox.
5. Click the “Services” tab.
6. Check the “Hide all Microsoft services” checkbox.
7. Take note of which services are already disabled (so that they can be set back correctly after reinstall is complete).
8. Click the “Disable all” button.
9. Click “OK” to apply the changes, but select Restart later .
-Disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP):
1. Click on the Windows Start Menu, then open the Control Panel.
2. Click “Classic View”.
3. Double-click “System”.
4. Click on “Advanced System Settings” in the “System” window.
5. On the “System Properties” dialog box, click on the “Advanced” tab.
6. Click the Settings button in the Performance section.
7. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
8. Click on Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only .
9. Click OK to apply the changes, and restart again your PC.
Reinstall Dragon 10.1
I hope this information is useful to you. Please let me know if you have any questions or need further assistance.
When i get to 9. Click "OK" to apply...but select restart later " I don't get this option to restart later. When I go into next xztep of opening SYSTEM on Control panel, it doesn't open.
Any suggestions, please? Nuance have still not come back to me after 4 days! and my Dragon is uninstalled. Brian