Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dell xps blue screen

• Please log in to reply

aau02203

aau02203

• Pip
  • 4 posts
here goes, when i turn my xps on, firsy of all it says dell bios = a03, then get a message saying system battery voltage is low, but i can skip this by pressing f1. i think i know how to fix that problem, however i then get a windows message saying would you like to start up, start up in safe mode etc. Ive tried everyone but I get with with this blue screen that says to check my hardware was viruses etc, do a disk defrag when i start up!!!! but i cant it wont let me, any help would be really appreciated...also note i dont have any start up cds/windows cd etc :s any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
If the Operating System files are infected and/or corrupted you will need an Operating System CD to: 1) boot the computer, and 2) replace the infected/corrupted files.

In other words, it is next to impossible to repair an infected/corrupted Operating System by using the same infected/corrupted Operating System. You need a known-good copy on a bootable device. (Preferably an original Operating System CD because the files will not have been altered).

Edited by SpywareDr, 05 March 2010 - 11:20 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

all it says dell bios = a03, then get a message saying system battery voltage is low,

How old is the system and I take it this is a desktop system?
Just from this line above i see it is telling you to replace the cmos battery on the motherboard. When the bios loses the stored information it can't identify the hard drive. The time and date will be off which causes the certificates on some programs to become invalid and then the programs don't work.

aau02203

aau02203

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
cmos been replaced and fine now, however i still cant get by the blue screen. here's some of my pcs details, and information on the error code

no changes made. heres the info i know

its dell system xps

bios version :A03 (10/11/04)

SERVICE TAG :699LF1J

EXPRESS SERVICE CODE : 13621005415

PROCESSOR TYPE: INTEL PENTIUM 4 3.4GHZ

THE ERROR CODE ON THE BLUE SCREEN HAS THE FOLLOWING CODE:

TECHNICAL INFORMATION

STOP: 0X00000024 (0x00190203, 0xC0000102, 0x 00000000 )

any help would be much appreciated, I dont have any startup cds or anything to go with it im afraid :)

cheers, des

aau02203

aau02203

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
im rubbish with computer lingo sorry, how would i get a cd 'known-good copy on a bootable device'? By bootable device do you mean get the os on a cd and boot from the cd? Sorry guys im lost:s thanks for your help any way

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The reason for the error is showing as the following.

A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Dell:

The key combination is CRTL + F11 pushing the keys at the same time at the the dell screen during post. Once you push them then you want to release them.
It should go into the recovery partition so you can do a system restore.

aau02203

aau02203

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thanks mate control f11 worked a treat. however still getting this low voltage, press f1 to continue at the startup. Ive already tried replacing the 2032 battery?