So I let it charge all night. I got up this morning and powered it on. The battery indicator said it was at 61%, but it powered itself off just the same. It didn't stay on any longer then it did last night when the battery was only 4% charged.
I did a little investigating, and discovered the universal charger puts out 16v, while the laptop asks for 19v. Obviously this is the source of at least some trouble, but is it the source of ALL the trouble? Has the previous owners use of an incompatible charger destroyed the battery?
It doesn't get hot, it's very clean (no dust in the vents) so I I don't think it's overheating.
Any ideas would be VERY helpful. I will be MAD if I bought a $200 paperweight.
Edited by Jenny-talia, 05 March 2010 - 09:30 AM.