Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The application has failed to start because msls51.dll was not found

• Please log in to reply

mrmakka

mrmakka

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Please help! I own a Samsung nc10 and had avg free installed on it, today I went to the apple website to look at ipod nanos, then the argos website, then straight away received a warning from avg of a virus and it prompted me to restart.

When restarting upcame:

"lsass.exe - Unable to run Component
The application has failed to start because msls51.dll was not found
Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

I only have the background appearing once windows starts and that's it. I can get task manager up, there were no applications running, but 28 processes. so I tried to restart in safe mode, and once it did the same message came up. I don't have a disk drive on this laptop so can't reboot to disk. I'm thinking of trying to get the installation files of malware remover software onto a usb key and trying to see if I can remove the virus that way, but I'm obviously missing components so wanted to ask someone's advice first.

Has anyone heard of this before?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks,

Mrmakka

Advertisements