Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN 7 version, install over top? or remove first?

• Please log in to reply

badobsession81

badobsession81

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have MSN7 version 7.0.0777 which has been known to crash after blocking contacts as well as other bugs. The latest version (released promptly after my version) is 7.0.0813 and fixes these bugs.

I want to obviously update to that version, but without losing winks etc that I have purchased - can i just install over the top and will my winks stay?

Another question is, how do i keep these winks when i want to reformat my pc?

Thanks,

Bob

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Hi Bob, does it ask you to uninstall it first when you try the upgrade? Most installations usually will want you to uninstall the older version first but there are some that will either tell you to uninstall it first or they can just install over the old versions with no problems.

So basically, you just want to keep the winks which is why you are hesitant on the uninstall and reinstall right? Did you download those winks from someplace? Where did you install it? Also, don't you have the install file? That should solve all your problems. If not, look at the folder where you installed it and see if you can find it there.