Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Moving stuff

• Please log in to reply

Octan

Octan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Here's the scenario: I have a dual-boot system (Win98 and Win2000) and I recently attempted to reformat and reinstall everything. Problem is, I forgot to save my Outlook Express email. Fortunately I realized this before wiping my Win2K disk, but I reinstalled Win98 already. So I can no longer boot into Windows 2000. What I have done since then is re-wipe the Windows 98 disk and reinstall both systems on another physical drive. So I have...

Physical Drive 0: 15G blank space, 15G Windows 2000
Physical Drive 1: 15G Windows 98, 15G Windows 2000

So there are two options: find out what files the email messages are stored in and copy them, running from the usable Win2K system, or make the old one bootable somehow, boot into it, and do whatever you do in OE to shift the email to the new system.

Also (this is technically a second question but it's related to the same problem) how do I copy the old Firefox bookmarks onto the new system? I can't find a file or folder anywhere in the Firefox directory that looks like it's the right one.

Thanks. :tazz:

Advertisements