Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After installing WI-FI Wireless driver all other drivers shut down

• Please log in to reply

kjellove

kjellove

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi.
In my Medion Lap Top where i have XP PRO and it worked just fine until a week ago then the WI-FI Wireless just disapeard and i could not find it again.After i downloaded the same WI-FI Wireless driver and installed it all other drivers shut down.Now i am unable to go on the net,Open Firewall.Anti virus and all the other programs that you can normay open.After trying everything i need expert help so How can i "Restart"the drivers that shut down.

Thank You
Kjellove

Edited by kjellove, 06 March 2010 - 07:29 AM.

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit kjellove? and Welcome to GtoG..

Based on what you posted, I'd try to boot from an XP CD and run a chkdsk /r from the repair option 1st. (Devices do not just disappear unless there's a reason). I'm not familiar with a medion laptop, but I would also check the heat exhaust and make sure that there's no dust build up. I have had cases where WiFi has just disappeared from the device manager with nothing appearing as an unknown device, (which meant the WiFi just died). The easiest solution there was to just install an USB WiFi antennae. If your notebook is still under warranty, that would be your best choice, because hardware just doesn't disappear and may be an indicator of something else more severe coming down the road.

Have you backed up your data recently? :)