Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Was doing all the steps in Malware Removal[RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
This one seems to be cut off a little, but fix this in HijackThis also:

O16 - DPF: {BAC01377-73DD-4796-854D-2A8997E3D68A0

I can't find the second half for that line since the log you posted stopped there. So fix that one.

Your log is clean.

Make sure to get the latest updates for Windows and Internet Explorer at http://v5.windowsupd...t.aspx?ln=en-us.

To help prevent future spyware installations/infections, please read the Anti-Spyware Tutorial and use the tools provided.

Are there any problems now? If not, you should be set to go.

Advertisements

KatW

KatW

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi,

Well, I fixed the last thing you told me but I still have one problem and that is with my Outlook Express. I can receive but I can not send. I have been working with my ISP and he can not find out on his end what the problem is. Now I use this same email address at work and it works fine there so I am thinking it may be something on my machine. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks again,

KatW.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Hi KatW, post this in the software forum and see if you can get a solution from the helpers over there. We mainly deal with spyware here, so it's best to keep the subject matters together in one place.

Any other problems/questions regarding spyware/malware before I close this topic?

KatW

KatW

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
No questions but I just want to say how much I appreciated all your help.

I will post to the other forum and see what they have to say.

Can not thank you enough.

KatW.

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.