Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Application Not Found (rundll32.exe)

• Please log in to reply

anonymous2010

anonymous2010

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I tried using the solution on the other forum about the rundll32.exe not being found. I went to run and accessed the notepad and then copied the code and saved as fix.reg, following the instructions exactly. However, when I went to confirm, the computer said:

"Cannot import fix.reg: Not all data was successfully written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other processes."

What should I do now? I get the "application not found" message whenever I try to access anything in the control panel and my speakers have stopped working because of it. Also, there is no problem with any of the other profiles on the computer; I believe the virus's damage is contained to my profile. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

anonymous2010

anonymous2010

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
ok, i'll do that. thanks.