Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Re-image help

• Please log in to reply

depster

depster

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Easiest thing to do, is go into SAFE MODE (tap F8 about once a second while your computer is in the process of booting up until you come to a screen that allows you to boot into safe mode). Once there, go to your C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 folder and copy the file ntdll.dll (right click on the file itself and select COPY) and then go to your C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder and click EDIT and then PASTE. Click YES to the warning about overwriting the files and then reboot your computer and see if the error is gone.

Fenor

Advertisements

depster

depster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I ran the Panda software, and now when I turn the laptop on the screen pops up automatically to go into the safe mode. I click on the safe mode and all the driver info shows up but you cant scroll, enter it just locks up. I have tol hold the power button on till it shuts off. It's a mini notebook. I bought an external cd drive to re-install everything. I just cant get past the safe mode screen.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi depster and :)

Lets see if we can get you fixed up.

What Panda software? Please be more specific?
You state its a mini notebook. Could you give us the make and model so we know what we are dealing with?

What type of recovery software do you have for it?
Is it a recovery CD?

You say you are in safe mode. Safe mode will be the words "safe mode" in all 4 corners of the screen.
The video will be operating in a default resolution.
Are you up to the desktop in safe mode?

Do you recall when this problem started?

Do you need to get any data off of the notebook?

123runner

depster

depster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey.. I apologize, we had to run pout for a while. Ok, I was reading one of the Forums on here yesterday when I typed the topic: Generic Host process for Win32 services. I kept having this pop up. I previously paid for Stop Zilla, and did the PC Med kit yesterday too. I thought I had cleaned up most of the problems. The only other thing that came up was TosBtMng.exe - unable to locate component. (TosCommAPI.ddl was not found) So on the Forum it said to go into safe mode with instructions on how to re-install this file.

Ok.. this is a mini MSI U100. My daughter uses it, and I swear everytime I give her access to a computer she ALWAYS seems to end up with viruses. I think the problems started in late January. She has been using mine, and I don't like it.

Anyway, I figured I could just take everything off and start fresh. I already took all of her pictures and stuff off. I have the disks that came with the mini, and I have all the disc's that came with my Dell. Do you think I can take everything off and re-install, or should I do something else. At this point when I turn the mini on, it starts up with the options of going into safe mode, and counts down to starting windows normally. If I let it start normally, it just comes right back to this same screen and counts down again, over and over. If I arrow up to safe mode, the screen shows all System 32 Driver files I cant scroll down, or arrow down. I'm stuck. I have to hold the power key to get out of it.

Please help?