Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot update my Spyware

• Please log in to reply

dwrest

dwrest

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

For some reason I cannot update my virus programs or even Windows update.

If I run Windows update it sits there searching and never finds anything.

If I run Ad-Aware update I get a "connection error, check your settings (error code; -1)". (I have gone to the Ad-Aware help page to check my settings)

If I run Super Anti Spyware Update 4.15.1000 it reaches the download screen and just sits search returning nothing.

I Have tried to install spybot the file downloads from the site though during the installation I get an error message "The server name or address could not be resolved"

I have also tried to runthrough the Malware and Spyware cleaing guide prior to posting this problem though I only got as far as trying to doanlaod Malwarebyte Anti-Malware and it just returns Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage.

I have made sure that these programs are marked as exceptions on windows firewall.
Also I use AVG virus protection and its update DOES work.
In all other aspects my computer seems to be normal it just seems to be things accociated with virus protection.

Any help would appreiated

Regards

dwrest

Advertisements