Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound issue: Mic and Stereo Mix

• Please log in to reply

Walrus5241

Walrus5241

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
My issue is fairly simple: I want to be able to record sound from a Mic and the stereo mix at the same time. Presently, I can do only one or the other; I can record stereo mix, but no mic, or I can record my mic, but no stereo mix.

Furthermore, if I'm on Skype, I cannot talk and play sounds at the same time; I have to switch over to "stereo mix" to play sounds and then back to "mic" to speak. This can get very annoying.

I know this is possible, because on my old laptop (which unfortunately was stolen and whose specs I can't access) I was able to do this without issue.

So, in short, my question is: how can I record both mic and stereo mix simultaneously?

My laptop is a custom built CyberPower PC. I have Windows XP Service Pack Three, with an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8600, 2.39 GHz, 2 GB of RAM. My sound is Realtek High Definition Audio, driver version 5.10.0.5730

Edited by Walrus5241, 07 March 2010 - 11:39 PM.

Advertisements

Walrus5241

Walrus5241

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Anyone?

Str8Shuter

Str8Shuter

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I've been having the same issue from day one and have yet to find a solution.
I DJ a lot in Yahoo Chat and it's a pain in the back side to have to click from stereo mix to mic and back just to introduce a song or request.

Anyone find any solutions yet? Ive seen it being done with vista, may be the only useful thing about vista..lol

Walrus5241

Walrus5241

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Nobody? I'm not sure what to do if no one answers, so I'm just going to bump the post.