Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Clicking sound and I'm not clicking on anything

• Please log in to reply

butterrice

butterrice

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
I'm not sure if this is right forum, but I've been hearing a clicking sound on my other computer. It's an HP, OS Windows 7, on IE8 browser. I have let my computer run and listened for about an hour. There is clicking sound, like I'm navigating from page to page and I'm not even on the computer. I couldn't run Spybot on my system, so I ran another, A-Squared Free edition and it showed the following:

Trace.Registry.Desktop Smiley Toolbar!A2
TRACE:VALUE: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{27FF1EE8-8CCC-49E1-B801-F212E3744E80}--> AppID
TRACE:VALUE: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLasses\CLSID\{27FF1EE8-8CCC-49E1-B801-F212E3744E80}--> AppID

Trace.Registry.Freeze!A2
TRACE: KEY: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Freeze.com\
Trace.Registry.CWS.Searchmeup!A2
Trace:KEY: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\typelib\{5297e905-1dfb-4a9c-9871-a4f95fd58945}
Trace.Registry.EZ Game Cheats!A2
Trace:Value: HKEY\LOCAL\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Freeze.com\Installer-->id

Malwarebytes and Windows Security Essentials did not show anything. A-Squared could not delete then and advised to quarantine the items instead of deleting b/c they are attached to a program that may not run correctly. So I quarantined them. I don't know what these programs or what they could be associated with. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by butterrice, 07 March 2010 - 11:29 PM.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.