Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Primary monitor resolution resets every restart

• Please log in to reply

CMS2772

CMS2772

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
My monitors started flickering upon boot up a few days ago. So, me being the anal perfectionist that I am, I decided to freshen things up. I started by going into device mgr. and uninstalling all display adapters. There were 4, I run 9800GX2's in SLI. I then proceeded to reboot to safe mode, run Driver Sweeper on the nVidia display and PhysX files. Restart. Then I installed the latest Alpha driver, 196.21. No joy. I run a 46" Philips as my primary and a 32" Samsung as secondary. They both run at 1920 x 1080. The Samsung is 1920 x 1080 upon restart, although the Philips (primary) resorts back down to 640 x 480. I've tried system restore, uninstalled and reinstalled display drivers at least 5 times.
I am now trying out the BETA driver 196.34 from nVidia, still no help. What the heck is going on here. I run Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2 and a EVGA 780i SLI mobo. :)

Advertisements