Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer locking up..need help plz

• Please log in to reply

bloodelfgrl

bloodelfgrl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had a 3 year old gaming computer, that I built. It worked fine until the last month, then it started to freeze up and when doing so would make a loud buzzing noise through the speakers. I assumed after researching that it was either my graphics card, power supply or it was just over heating. So I decided to build a new computer with theses specs:

seagate barracuda SATA 7200.12 500gb HD
corsair 1000w atx 12.v 2.2 power supply
G.Skill 6GB (3x2gb) 240-pin ddr3 ram
intel core i7-920 bloomfield 2.66GHz
gigabyte ga-ex58-ud3r MoBo
coolermaster v8 heatsink
EVGA 260gtx superclocked edition 896MB
Win 7 Ultimate

Ive had the above computer for 2 weeks and it just started doing the exact same thing. I am a little confused since I replaced everything and its a completely different computer. Now I know its not hardware related. Any ideas on what external issues could be causing this problem?

Advertisements

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Can you post the temps and voltage from the BIOS if possible.

Install HWMonitor and post and screenshot of the results.

http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

What are the GPU temps at idle and max.

You can get this info from HWMonitor or GPU-Z

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/