Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Verifying VMI Pool Data Hang

• Please log in to reply

dnaghitorabi

dnaghitorabi

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hello everyone. My name is Donovan. I have had my computer for a long time and am finally fed up with this problem I've had all along. When I boot up my computer, it will eventually get to Verifying VMI Pool Data and then go from there to a blank screen. I then have to shut off the computer and restart, then it skips the Verifying VMI Pool Data and goes straight to the page where I can choose to "Start Windows Normally."

I have found that if I press Enter on the Verifying VMI Pool Data phase, the NumLock key will light up and the computer will recognize Windows XP.

My question is, is it possible for me to make it so that I can just turn on the computer and have it boot all the way without my intervention? Thank you.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
One of the causes for this is a faulty disk drive so I would test that first. You can download a diagnostic tool from the disk manufacturer's website - create a bootable floppy or cd with the downloaded program and boot your PC from it.