1. I was burning files to a dvdr disk using an external hard drive, BUT I removed all of the stuff surrounding the external hard drive allowing me to switch between hard drives because I don't have enough external connectors for all my HD's.
2. I accidentally nudged the chip running the hard drive while it was burning, obviously a failure in the burning process occurred.
3. disconnected the External drive canceling the burning app and waiting 3 mins and re-connecting the external drive caused some automatic reset in my dell dimension 9100. (yea its old)
4. I obviously freak out and wonder what the [bleep] is going on, boom upon reset and rebooting I get a keyboard failure message, so now my keyboard is screw?! no it's not because I disconnect it and try it on another pc i have, it works, so what gives? Thinking driver error or corruption!? it's not the standard dell it's a logitech keyboard.
5. Ok figured out it works where's my dell keyboard, find it connect it STILL keyboard failure, ok. Power off disconnect battery from MOBO wait a while restart the process boom keyboard failure and no floppy disk found press f1 or f2, guess what I can't.
6. Find and install a Drive A FLoppy, ok done, Restart PC and see what happens next, keyboard failure.
7. Deside to give the PC a good cleaning, not that dusty but it could use some work, touching metal the whole time working inside the PC to avoid a static shock and unplugged PSU, good everything's fine, restart pc.
8. Boot vertical pixel lines | | | | across the screen first they were gray still keyboard failure, restart now they are in various colors, restart boot seems like they disappeared, keyboard failure automatically restarts once, boot blank screen, bleeps, i do not know where they are coming from, disconnect GFX card, still bleeps, disconnect everything still, check the front of the Dell for the numbers that light up in front displaying errors.
9. I suppose these are my error's, one is 3-4, then 1-4 < wait what? there's no 1-4 in the dell manual under the light errors section.
10. PC stops totally booting up all together the switch doesn't start the boot sequence, my green light on the mobo is on when plugged into an outlet while the battery remains in the mobo and without the battery (does that matter?).
11. what do I do now? To make things even better I get called to preform some work after waiting 2 weeks for that call and this happens 1 hour before, I love my life.
I am here in hopes of finding some help or solutions, if I need to buy parts please supply reasonable/affordable links for PSU, mobo, ect..replacements
12. Thank you for reading all that and hope you can help me out.
Edited by goodguy718, 09 March 2010 - 12:20 PM.