Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New To Linux

• Please log in to reply

sanjaydada

sanjaydada

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am Totally new to linux.I have installed Mandriva,My Problem is I can't Install Realplayer on it please let me know the procedure is there any method like windows to install it.Helphelp.
It is RealPlayer 11Gold.bin type I am using free Mandriva 2009 64 bit

Edited by sanjaydada, 10 March 2010 - 12:49 PM.

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
http://www.linuxques...va-2008-593730/

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
If it's not in the repository (package manager) the *.bin would require probably a command line argument to install. Go back to the website and download the *.rpm version. Mandriva uses rpms for package instlation. clicking on it should launch the package manager and hopefully gets any dependencies needed.

Since Real Player for Linux is based on Helix Player you might check the package manager for it or go to the Helix Website. Real Player is there also.

hawklord

hawklord

• PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
why do you want realplayer ?

you need to have the plf repositories availible,

xine (video) can play all real media files and amarock (music) can - but you need to have the non-free software,

which version of mandriva are you using ?