Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PC Beeping & Restarting

• Please log in to reply

Princess44

Princess44

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: My computer was built by my ex who chose to overclock my system. He is now my ex and I have no clue why my computer starts beeping (similar to an alarm) then decides after 5 or 10 minutes to restart itself. I've made it into the BIOS settings, but I'm not sure what I'm looking to do. I'm suspecting the overclocking is causing my PC to overheat. I have a fan positioned, but, I read that even a fan does not always cool the system enough. My current CPU temp is 129 F and my System temp is 95 F. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Your CPU is fine i think but all the data cables from HD, DD, DVD etc. are not connected in the way they are supposed to.

try to get them in the correct way and see if that helps

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Does this sound like a European police siren? Wee woo,wee woo,

If it does that indicates cpu overheat and the reason the computer shuts down.
129F cpu temp is not enough to do this but is the 129F when you are using the fan to blow in the case side?

Could you tell me what mobo ( motherboard) and cpu you have?

Rick

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
it is not the problem, but 95 is too much, im not an expert on overclocking, but definantly undo the overclocking-reset the bios.

Nixx