Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MP3 Player "Corrupted"

• Please log in to reply

Lard

Lard

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
The basic gist is that my computer is telling me my MP3 is "corrupted and unreadable".

(It's an Archos 8-gb Jukebox)

It recognises the player when it's attached but cannot open the folder. It freezes/crashes when it does.

I've tried different USB cords, different USB ports, everything I can think of.

The music on the player is fine, and I can listen to it with no problem, so I can't figure out what would cause a "corruption".

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
have you tried connecting to a different computer? have you tried all the USB ports?

Lard

Lard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Tried all the USB ports but haven't had a chance to try another computer yet.

Lard

Lard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
Tried my MP3 player on a different computer today and had the same problem. (Can't access it via USB but music plays fine.)

Do I contact the manufacturer or is there a way I can fix this?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
i would, they may have a solution that doesn't involve formatting the device (not likely).