Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't complete installation of my webcam

• Please log in to reply

Observerica

Observerica

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have CANYON CNR_WCAM413G and drivers installed on my computer. But, when I plug in my camera and wizard starts to coplete the installation it says that it cannot find software for the hardware.
First, I was told to buy 2.0 PCI Card which I bought, but still cannot complete the installation. I had hp EW192AA webcam and it worked.
The only thing that I'm affraid of is that's because of my Windows, because I had problems earlier with some other stuff, like my phone(I needed Windows XP pack 2, and I have pack 1).
Thx!

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go!

The final major-update for Windows XP was Service Pack 3 (SP3), so your Windows is well out of date.
You should install SP3 and try installing the webcam again.

SP3 is free and you can get it from Windows Update which downloads & installs only those parts of SP3 which are relevant to your system, thereby cutting down on total download & install time, or you can download the complete Service Pack 3 as one big installation file (316 MB) from here:
http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

Downloading the whole pack will take longer, but it does mean you can save it for future use or to install on some other XP machine. With the other option (Windows Update),downloading time will be shorter but you can't save it for future use.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 10 March 2010 - 07:02 PM.