Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black Screen after update

• Please log in to reply

del443

del443

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi I have read all posts on this topic (I think). I was working on Advent 7201 and installing updates machine seemed to hang on update for IE8 and I cancelled and restarted...everything fine so I went to continue update and bam when I went back screen is black.nothing at all, no beeps when i hold keys down, cannot access anything at all fans light ok but i notice that it does start and switch off very wuickly when i hit power button, tried bootable (operating system and recovery) cd's i can hear them running but nothing..........any ideas much appreciated........if I take disassemble the whole insides anyone thing that may help...if anything will that is

Advertisements

kimsland

kimsland

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Try this :)

Remove the power cord
Remove the main battery
Hold the ON button in for 30 secs
Plug in the power cord (only)
Turn on

If it worked, shutdown normally and refit the battery.
You're good to go :)

del443

del443

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately still no joy. Can't understand it just doesnt seem to boot, not even beeps if i hold down buttons

kimsland

kimsland

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Remove all power again
Then also remove the Hard Drive
Remove all Ram cards, and blow out any dust
Refit one Ram card
Plug in power lead (Hard Drive still out)
Turn on

No?

If not then you could be looking at dismantling the laptop
Removing internal dust and checking internal connections