Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Temporary User Accounts

• Please log in to reply

thatone15

thatone15

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, and Thank You for reading this topic! :)
Okay, My computer at the welcome screen says: Windows can not log in or access this user account. This issue may be due because of a corrupt local file. It also says something about the registry on the computer. So the effect of this:

->Not having the ability to log in to my usual account
->All the changes made to the Temporary account are not saved. (Only that change that remained the same was the screen resolution.)
->My usual files or applications that I use like Skype won't open at the beginning.
I would appreciate a answer in the near future, because they are giving me limit of how many Temporary Accounts I can use.
Again I thank You for taking your time and reading this topic! :)
Sincerly,
ThatOne15

Advertisements

kimsland

kimsland

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Try running System Restore in Windows Safe Mode

thatone15

thatone15

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Also, I can not put the computer in safe mode or add a new account to the computer.

kimsland

kimsland

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Boot from your XP CD
And select to enter the Recovery Console
Pressing "1" for Administrator
Then <Enter> key to continue.

Once in the Recovery Console type in ChkDsk /R and then press the <Enter> key
Allow CheckDisk to finish Checking/Repairing the system, then Restart. Hopefully to Normal Mode :)

Edited by kimsland, 09 March 2010 - 08:51 PM.

thatone15

thatone15

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I don't have the windows CD

kimsland

kimsland

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Free XP Recovery Console ISO: Edit:Removed Link
Free ISO Burning Program: http://www.imgburn.com/
Sorry no free discs :)

Edited by dsenette, 10 March 2010 - 09:10 AM.
removed link

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Kimsland, RC.ISO is also not sanctioned by microsoft. the instructions below are. to avoid piracy/copyright issues please refrain from using RC.ISO here (and don't come back telling me that it's been posted here before, i know that. we're a dynamic site and we have to adapt to different information as it comes along. it's come to our attention that RC.ISO is not approved for distribution and we're adapting to cover this.)

This will allow you to burn a Recovery Console cd
  • Download the recovery_console_cd.zip from here file to your drive and unzip it to it's own folder.
  • Download the correct floppy disk setup package for your operating system from Microsoft and save it to the folder you extracted the zip to.
  • Rename the floppy disk setup package to Bootdisk.exe
  • Insert a blank cd into your burner.
  • Now just double click the RecoveryCD.bat file and follow the prompts to burn a cd that will allow you to boot to the recovery console.