Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen display size / resolution problem

• Please log in to reply

Southernton pink

Southernton pink

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi everyone,
A few weeks ago my system had to be rebooted after a malware issue. Everything seems to be ok now but still have one issue.All pages that i open are displayed very large so that i must allways scroll to the right to see all of page. Changing the overall size does not help. If i choose 75% view the width is ok but the quality is not right. also all video looks a little pixelated and a little bit blurry. Tried changing resolution also but that does not help.Any ideas? Thanks to all.

Advertisements

kimsland

kimsland

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Try IE Reset from here > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

dr_iton

dr_iton

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Have you tried to press and hold the CTRL button on your keyboard and scroll the mouse wheel.
It must work.

Cheers.

Southernton pink

Southernton pink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Well if i use mouse wheel to resize i have to take it down to around 65% to fit on screen but everything is so tiny at that point i can barely read anything and this does not correct poor video quality. Thanks

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

my system had to be rebooted

Define "rebooted". Did you reinstall Windows?

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Looks like the video driver is corrupt or missing. Please reinstall it. If you don't have the driver available download it from the computer manufacturer's site.

dr_iton

dr_iton

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
OK, try this:

Right click on your desktop and go to graphic properties, click on display settings and in advanced settings and then shift the horizontal and vertical to zero.
cheers.

Southernton pink

Southernton pink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello all,
I have a bit more info. It seems I can not play DVD's on system anymore. I get the dvd decoder missing window. Went to the E-machine site but only saw drivers for keyboard and mouse listed. Trouble started after problems with netsky virus. Ran malware and deleted infected files. Lost all audio but was able to download realtech audio and restore. i am unsure on what the exact file i need to locate for video problem. Looking under device manager i can see video controller [VGA Compatable] is missing as well as SM Bus controller. Don know if that is relevant to problem. Thanks!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Sounds like you need to install the chipset drivers. What is the model number of your eMachine?

Southernton pink

Southernton pink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
W3650

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Try installing These Drivers and reboot.

Any change?

Southernton pink

Southernton pink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
No change

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
This Driver Package contains the whole chipset inf file. Evidently there is more missing than just the graphics portion. Same deal, install and reboot.

Any change after this install?