Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with setting up basic network

• Please log in to reply

magical2099

magical2099

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
avg free doesn't have a firewall really. sorry i can't be more help, but as you can probably tell networking isn't my strong suit and i love comodo, but it gives me fits. i use a paid version of AVG that does have a firewall, but i do all kinds of other checks, i dont rely on it just in case i run into a situation like this. maybe some one from the board with more experience with either (or better yet both) can jump in and add new juice to the ideas. only other idea i've got is a to try an adhoc, but i doubt it would work given the situation, and ipconfig release and renew likewise. good luck partna, if i think of anything else i'll throw it up here.

Advertisements

Red929

Red929

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
***DELETED*** Duplicate post.

Edited by Red929, 11 March 2010 - 02:10 AM.

Red929

Red929

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks for your efforts Magical, much appreciated.

TOPIC BUMP.

Any other members able to help? :)

magical2099

magical2099

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
did removing comodo do any good? if not, try http://compnetworkin.../winsockfix.htm and try this http://forums.techar...port/997276.htm

Edited by magical2099, 11 March 2010 - 04:44 AM.

Red929

Red929

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Success!! :)

So, I followed the instructions on the second link, did nothing. However, I noticed in the list of active connections in the LAN properties that there was a Sunbelt Firewall one connected. This was a firewall that I downloaded and tried to use previously but hung during download and wouldn't reinstall or uninstall (apparently it's a common problem). So I guess I didn't get rid of it all when I tried removing everything previously.

As soon as I uninstalled that connection I could see the router and the other computer no problem at all, I can print and do everything! Very happy.

Stupidly though I uninstalled Comodo before I did this, so now I have to reinstall it and go through the next month of configuring the blasted thing all over again, oh well, at least I'm connected! :)

Thanks heaps for your help Magical, once again Geeks to Go comes to the rescue!

Edited by Red929, 11 March 2010 - 06:10 AM.

magical2099

magical2099

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
glad ya got it working partna, wish i could've been more helpful.