Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Anyone use the Belkin Easy Transfer Cable?

• Please log in to reply

charliedog

charliedog

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm thinking of buying a Belkin Easy Transfer Cable for Windows 7 to transfer some large files, but i have some questions regaqrding it's use. The Belkin online tech support is useless-no response.

The emphasis seems to be on transferring from an XP computer to a Win7 computer, but can the cable be used to transfer in the other direction-from a Win7 machine to an XP machine-of course after installing Windows Easy Transfer Wizard on the XP computer.

Secondly, if i wanted to transfer files, photos, music btw two Win7 computers, do I have to go thru the Easy Transfer Wizard, or could I just cut-and-paste or drag-and-drop?

I have a home wireless network set up, but transferring files wirelessly is very slow. This should be quicker, right? I suppose the quickest way would be to just plug everything into the router and use the LAN.

TIA

Larry aka Charliedog

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
It looks like it'll work well enough, but I'd simply buy enough ethernet cable to connect the PCs in question to the router then go from there with the Easy Transfer Wizard.

More info
http://windows.micro...nother-computer