Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

16 colors display

• Please log in to reply

HairyBooger

HairyBooger

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
:beer: Ok, I'm really getting frustrated and yes I did start a thread like this a couple of weeks ago.

My display colr is stuck in 16 colors display and it WON'T change no matter what I do :) :) :) :tazz: ;) :yeah:

And I really feel like doing what the smilies are doing.

Can anyone :woot: me at all? I really really need help. :wave:

(PS: I have uploaded screenshots of my device manager and display properties in a compressed folder)

And yes, I know about the smiley abuse ;)

Attached Files

• Attached File  Pics.zip   19.42KB   243 downloads

Edited by HairyBooger, 19 May 2005 - 03:08 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
need to know your system specs....motherboard. videocard, pc model number

HairyBooger

HairyBooger

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Gerry I THINK you read my other thread but anyway:

I don't most things about my comp. but all I did was uninstall windows 98SE (the display was working fine then) and then I installed windwos ME and the display was stuck in 16 colours.

;) That's all the info I can give you or if you know where I can find the stuff that you are looking for, tell me and I will see if I can get a screenshot for you. :tazz:

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Before you installed WinME, did you check to make sure there were drivers available for your video card??

You need the make and model of your video card.. get the proper drivers for the card and your operating system and install them..

Murray

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Too many threads with this topic. seems to be a common problem. :tazz:

Anyway for reference a few more One
Two
Three
Four
Whenever I've saw that problem it was either the BIOS settings, driver problems or registry entries. I'd check out the BIOS and the Registry. Have you downloaded Everset Home edition.? You should and you may wish to consider posting your computer Manufacturor, model number et al. you can use Everest to prepare a Report for your computer, click the report button and use the Report wizard to generate the report and add it as an attachment to your next post. that would certainly help gerryf anaylsis your problem. gerryf gives great advice your lucky to have kind of support. Me I try but none of us here have much to go on.

Have you looked around the BIOS setup at the video settings as I suggested in another post ? Don't change anything, but let us know if anything doesn't seem right. Do you know about the windows hardware information utility? Does ME have that, I use 98 so I'm not sure. Try it tho type HWINFO.EXE /UI into Run. Error information is in red. Post anything that's in red or says something like this device has a problem.

Try msconfig. click Start|Run type msconfig click Advanced see if you have a checked entry VGA 640x480x16 if so uncheck it. click OKand then OK. reboot and try to change display properties. (Almost forgot this, it happened to a friends machine once. no one admitted doing it tho ;) )

I'd look around the registry but that's not for everyone. gerryf or Murray S.might recommend registry changes tho, follow their advice.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://www.lavalys.c...p?pid=1&lang=en

will give you the info you seek