Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system restore

• Please log in to reply

jodimac

jodimac

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi, I reset my system back to fix a problem. I had already removed Spyware doctor. When It came back on spyware dr was back...but not all there. Now I cant remove or reload. Here is what I get when I try; PctsTray.exe unable to locate component. Another one is Failed to start because rtl100.bpl was not found re install will fix. Re install wont work either. When I try to remove the program it gets...error message file "c:\program files\spyware doctor\unins0100.msg" is missing. please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program. I tried to get a new copy, it started to load, but quit! This laptop is new I have only had it a few months, its not real fancy, just basic. Nothing really on it. Thanks for the help in advance!

Advertisements

malachi0420

malachi0420

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hello, user, and welcome to GeeksToGo. Did you reset your system with SpywareDoctor, or Windows System Restore?

jodimac

jodimac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
used windows

jodimac

jodimac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Hello, user, and welcome to GeeksToGo. Did you reset your system with SpywareDoctor, or Windows System Restore?

used windows

malachi0420

malachi0420

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hello, you need to do a Clean Start to make sure no unwanted programs or services are going to conflict.

You can find instructions here, Clean Start.

Scroll down until you see Step 1, and follow the instructions. The Program will ask you to restart, do so.

After you log back into windows, run the SpywareDoctor installer, let me know if it installs properly!

kimsland

kimsland

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Try Revo Uninstaller to remove the corrupt install of Spyware Doctor

jodimac

jodimac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Hello, you need to do a Clean Start to make sure no unwanted programs or services are going to conflict.

You can find instructions here, Clean Start.

Scroll down until you see Step 1, and follow the instructions. The Program will ask you to restart, do so.

After you log back into windows, run the SpywareDoctor installer, let me know if it installs properly!

Thanks for the help, but I was able to use revo uninstaller and it removed the corrupt program, then I re installed! I apriciate the input, it all helps!

jodimac

jodimac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Try Revo Uninstaller to remove the corrupt install of Spyware Doctor

I wanted to say thank you for your advice...worked like a charm! Thanks again, and have a great day!!

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we at Geeks to Go could help.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible