All of a sudden (although since I never turn the computer off - only hibernate, it's hard to tell when it set in) my computer won't boot.
It goes through BIOS, goes through the boot screen, then I get just an entire black screen with a movable cursor in the middle of the screen.
Both screens turn on (I use DVI/VGA on an NVIDIA GTS 250) and I can move the cursor across both screens, but nothing happens.
I've researched for hours and this is what I've tried:
- Alt-Ctrl-Delete to start Task Manager to run explorer.exe
- Ctrl-Shift-Escape for same thing.
- System Restore - no points available
- Last known good config - no different
- Memory Test - no problems found
- Startup Repair - no problems found
- CHKDSK /F - no problems found
- fixboot, fixmbr and sfc /scannow - no different
- Shift 5 times to open Stickey keys - no response
Any idea, GTG?