Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I get videos from one programme to another please?

• Please log in to reply

AuraTodd

AuraTodd

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have just done some work on my sony handy cam and it went into the supplied software 'picture motion browser'. I want to tranfer it to movie maker but when I click on import pictures it stars then stops then I get a message saying

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\11-03-2010\20100309131222.mpg could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from

What does this mean please, and how can I correct it? I want to edit my video to make it look good and not like a road accident. No jargon please as I am only a bigginer. Many thanks. :)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that sony handycam software is very annoying. you can't run it without the camera attached even if you're not doing stuff with files on the camera.

the only luck that i've had with editing movies from my handycam is to export the video from the picture motion browser, then use some form of converter (i use mediacoder) to transcode the video into WMV or AVI format, then you can import it into movie maker

AuraTodd

AuraTodd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thanks how I import it from picture motion browser to windows movie maker?

Edited by AuraTodd, 11 March 2010 - 10:02 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i've not been in picture motion browser for a while, but there's an export option. i'll attempt to find some clearer instructions than that, but i remember it not being easy to find the first time i used the software.

AuraTodd

AuraTodd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Keeps asking me to go to camera hardrive or media player. No good for editing.