Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Operatin System Not Found

• Please log in to reply

tc4ever

tc4ever

• Pip
  • 4 posts
so im trying to do a system recovery on my cousins sony vaio vgn-c104g but this other guy before me try to install linux on it and f*** the laptop up so now i was trying to restore it with the cds i bought from sony but it doesnt let it finish an error message appears saying that is not possible to do a system recovey so it restarts and a black screen appears saying Operating System Not Found

What can i do

Advertisements

tc4ever

tc4ever

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
please help me...

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
More than likely it is because your sony CD does not have the complete OS on it. Since Linux was put on the computer the sony CD cannot read the linux file system so it cannot find the recovery partition. You will need to find a Microsoft XP regular CD and install XP with it, and then go to the sony website and download the drivers you need.

SRX660

tc4ever

tc4ever

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
is there any way i can get a copy for free of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

tc4ever

tc4ever

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Any where i can get a free copy of windows xp media center edition 2005

ersatz

ersatz

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
No there isn't, and here at G2G we do not support obtaining illegal software..

You will need to either find the old cd's that came with it, or buy new ones. Or continue to use Linux, which most basic versions are free. That can be a big change though.

If you contact the manufacturer they may be able to help you.