Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to uninstall HP Learning Adventure?

• Please log in to reply

Leesie

Leesie

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
Hi,

I'm cleaning off my hard drive and getting rid of programs that I don't use that take up a lot of space. HP Learning Adventure is one and it's taking up a whopping 5GB on my now small 90G drive. I went to add/remove programs and clicked uninstall. It in turn opened up a webpage but wouldn't connect. I switched my default browser to ie, still wouldn't connect to show me whatever is on that webpage.

Question is, since only print shop was installed out of the pack, would it be safe to simply delete the other 15 trial program files in the hpselect folder in program files? I have another version of print shop so I don't really care if I can't use the free one that came with the computer years ago.

Thanks,
Lisa

Advertisements

dR_fLuX

dR_fLuX

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I went to add/remove programs and clicked uninstall. It in turn opened up a webpage but wouldn't connect. I switched my default browser to ie, still wouldn't connect to show me whatever is on that webpage.

Are you unable to remove the program without visiting this page? In my experience when something like that occurs its directing you somewhere to take a survey of some kind.

Question is, since only print shop was installed out of the pack, would it be safe to simply delete the other 15 trial program files in the hpselect folder in program files?

Are these merely installation files? If so I would assume they are ok to remove. Its always a good idea to double check this kind of thing. However, if you possess another copy of this program I don't believe you should be concerned with causing damage to the current installation. Of course, I am in no way promoting the idea of being reckless with your system. =D

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Try Revo Uninstaller Its free.

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

I went to add/remove programs and clicked uninstall. It in turn opened up a webpage but wouldn't connect. I switched my default browser to ie, still wouldn't connect to show me whatever is on that webpage.

Are you unable to remove the program without visiting this page? In my experience when something like that occurs its directing you somewhere to take a survey of some kind.

No, the page pops up on every uninstaller I've tried. You could be right about it being a survey. After 7 and a half years I'm sure they would have taken the page down :)

Question is, since only print shop was installed out of the pack, would it be safe to simply delete the other 15 trial program files in the hpselect folder in program files?

Are these merely installation files? If so I would assume they are ok to remove. Its always a good idea to double check this kind of thing. However, if you possess another copy of this program I don't believe you should be concerned with causing damage to the current installation. Of course, I am in no way promoting the idea of being reckless with your system. =D

They seem to be installation and program files that were never installed, just waiting to be used (similar to the game channel that gets installed on new computers. Can't recall the name offhand).

Leesie

Leesie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Try Revo Uninstaller Its free.

Tried Revo. Still took me to the page I can't see.