Well dsenette, you are genius. I updated the driver to the newest version from Intel's website but for some reason I was still connecting at 100Mbps even after the driver update. I started poking around in the configuration and found some built in diagnostics that weren't present in the old version. I ran the connection test and low and behold, I got this result:
"The cable connected to this port is missing pairs needed to connect at 1000mbps".
It turned out that the patch cable I was using wasn't wired correctly. They were run by me, but terminated by someone else because at the time (about 5 years ago) I didn't know how to terminate cabling.
Anyway, I made up a new patch cable quick and Viola' I'm running at 1Gbps!
Thanks again for all your help. I was just able to transfer a 1.47GB movie to the NAS in about 40 seconds.
Edited by Spyderturbo007, 12 March 2010 - 05:24 PM.