Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Config error...now now sound.

• Please log in to reply

kymi

kymi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello there. I hope I have posted this message in the right area. This morning I fired up my pc to find an error greeting me. It was that windows was missing a configuration file. I rebooted a couple of times then it came back up.

Once it did tho, it went through reloading all my hardware. Everything was fine so I thought. I then realized there was no sound. Xp is showing the Realtek onboard sound card there, indicating under Audio Devices, Properties that "This device is working properly" and "Driver is enabled but has not been started". However, under the main Volume tab it shows "No Audio Device".

I have verified under Services that Windows Audio is started and running (set to 'Automatic'). I have attempted to remove and resintall the device, tried alternate drivers, all to no avail. Any suggestions or recommendations on how to proceed would be so greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Try checking the bios to make sure on board audio is enabled. You could also try removing the sound card from device manager, then re-boot and let windows reinstall it.