Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ram problems

• Please log in to reply

tryingtolearn123

tryingtolearn123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My computer was running very slowly so i decided to do a virus scan and nothing came up on that so I'm guessing my ram is too low to run the programs i have. I opened up the computer and took out the stick of ram thats in there to check what size and speed it is. I then put the ram back in and now when I try to power up the computer I get a blue screen saying new hardware is not compatible. It's a dell inspirion 3000

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
tryingtolearn123-

Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

First, let's start with some basic info. What OS is running on your computer? Whats' your hard drive size? How much ram is available on your computer? What is your processor speed?

I know that seems like a bunch of questions to fire at you, but getting basic info about your system is important.

Let me know what you have and we will work from there. :) Let me know if you have any questions.