Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Catalyst Control Center will not open

• Please log in to reply

gamefr3ak

gamefr3ak

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
My CCC just will not open. When I first bought the computer, everything worked fine. It was adequate for me. Then after a while, CCC would look like this:
Posted Image
That's the advanced view. There are no other options to tinker other than Hydravision. After doing a bunch of other stuff, I uninstalled Hydravision and now the thing won't even open which ever way I try booting it up.
I asked this on another forum and what they said that it was a bad driver update, and I'd have to uninstall and reinstall drivers. My card is a RADEON HD 4350.

I asked for a step-by-step process of doing this since I don't want to mess something up. I haven't gotten a reply, so anyone mind helping me?
I also installed the version 10.2 drivers from the site, and it didn't fix the problem.

Also, there are some unsmooth fading textures in some games and flash, but I assume this is just the card.
Thanks to anyone who helps me.

Advertisements

gamefr3ak

gamefr3ak

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Awesome, I got no replies, again.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
normally you would just go to control panel, add /remove programs , and uninstall all ati software.

Before doing this, download the latest drivers from http://www.amd.com/u...MDHomePage.aspx

Optionally (too fully remove any leftovers)
try this

Download and install Revo Uninstaller
  • Double click the Revo Uninstaller icon on your desktop to start the program
  • Scroll through the listed programs and Right Click on the program you wish to uninstall
  • From the pop out menu choose Uninstall
  • Click Yes to the confirmation dialogue
  • In the next window select the Advanced mode
  • Click Next to start uninstalling the program
  • Answer Yes to confirm the uninstall
  • When the program has completed the four steps, click Next to allow the program to search for leftovers
  • Once complete, click Next, then Finish
  • Repeat the above steps for any other programs you wish to remove.

If you have any questions about a particular step, please let us know.

Edited by starjax, 23 March 2010 - 10:42 AM.