Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

keyboard wont respond

• Please log in to reply

jshortbob

jshortbob

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I HAVE AN AVERATEC 4200 LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS XP .ON POWERING UP I GET A MESSAGE THAT SAYS CMOS SETTINGS WRONG,CMOS DATE/TIME NOT SET PRESSF2 TO RUN SETUP.MY KEYBOARD WILL NOT REPOND.THIS COMPUTER WORKED FINE IN THE PAST.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Have you entered setup on first post beep, keep tapping F2 OR check instructions on screen as booting, it may be Delete key. depending on computer. I am not familiar with Averatec laptop.
Just reread it says F2 on the message.
Keyboard F2 should work immediately after first post beep and before that message.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 13 March 2010 - 01:20 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How old is the system?
This error could point to a low cmos battery.

dr_iton

dr_iton

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Your Keyboard does not respose because you are using USB port keyboard, if you want to solve the probelm unplug your USB keyboard and plug in another PS/2 port keyboard (older ones).

100% it will work.

P.S. I don't know the reason why, but some PC's do not recognize USB keyboards to manipulate on their BIOS.

I thought that your PC is Desktop, after i posted I#ve seen that it is a Laptop so i do suggest you to plug in another keyboard on your laptop and give a try.

Cheers.

Edited by dr_iton, 14 March 2010 - 11:26 AM.