Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys WAG120N query..

• Please log in to reply

howell414

howell414

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi,
First of all I dont know much or anything about networking. We have a linksys WAG120N router in the living room and connecting to it was a Siemens Gigaset SE538 in the bedroom, which died out last nite. since im only getting 2 bars in the bedroom, i was thinking of buying another WAG120N and connecting it to the 1 in the living room so i can have full bars. is this possible?? would i encounter problems on this??

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
I'm not familiar with the Gigaset SE538. Is it a DSL modem or a wireless router/modem combo which is also known as a gateway?

The WAG120N is a xDSL gateway which should can and probably should be wall mounted as high as possible.

Mounting it high half way between the bedroom and the living room would be optimal.

howell414

howell414

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
thnaks for the reply daffy! i bought another wrt120n and connected it to the wag120N via cat6. so its now serving as an access point in the bed room. i was just worried maybe i would be encountering problems in connecting it thus spending money for nothing. but so far everything is going well. thanks again. :)

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Whelp, there's always more than one way to skin a cat. Good stuff howell414.

zellelbien

zellelbien

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I'm going to buy 2 Linksys WAG120N and want to know if i can connect them to each other (through ethernet cable) and then connect one of them to my internet router (Source). So, i am going to use them as TWO access points.
Is that possible?

thanks!!