Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SVCHOST Causes High CPU Usage :(

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Boris_yo

Boris_yo

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
I started recently seeing that SVCHOST takes a lot of CPU% usage. I used program called "Process Explorer" to identify the source of problem and found out that thread "kernel32.dll!CreateThread+0x22" was causing the problems.

Posted Image

But as you can see on picture, there are another same threads, which is interesting...

Now even if i kill this thread, it will still be happening as computer starts. Is there a way to kill permanently this thread or to know more how it can be stopped?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It's not fair to employ people on at least two boards to solve very same problem: http://www.bleepingc...opic302307.html

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
If I may add: there is a ton of material in Google about this problem. Try to read through it. It may save you and us a lot of time.

Boris_yo

Boris_yo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
I needed a quick replies and variety of them.

Edited by Boris_yo, 13 March 2010 - 02:46 PM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You're advised on the other forum, where to start.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Although we can understand the need for a quick reply, when you post at multiple forums you are wasting multiple helpers time, which is already over-stretched as it is.

Since you are being helped over at BC, I will close this topic. I suggest you try that member's suggestions