Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bluescreen random restarts viahduaa.sys

• Please log in to reply

kelwan8

kelwan8

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello,

My computer has been rebooting itself after showing a blue screen. I will be designing in photoshop and or illustrator and doing some other stuff when this happens. My computer will be a year old in april.

this is what shows up on the blue screen:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xA53BBE72, 0X00000002, 0X00000008, 0xA53BBE72)

Technical information

*** viahduaa.sys - address A53BBE72 base at A53A4000, Datestamp 47b3b73d

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to GTG:

That driver is for your audio card. Download and install the latest drivers for your VIA sound card and operating system and see if that helps.

Murray

kelwan8

kelwan8

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for the welcome and response. Question: Do I download the driver or the driver package?

I have HD ADeck

But I also see in my programs menu "real tek gbe & fe ethernet pci-nic driver"

should I be downloading a driver from Asustek Computer Inc. or something else for the realtek?

Im super confused. or is the real tek for something different? I do see that it says ethernet so...

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
You want the driver from the system manufacturer. The RealTek is probably either your NIC or dialup connection.

Murray

kelwan8

kelwan8

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
okay.

but which one do i download? one says VIA HD Audio Driver and the other says VIA HD Audio driver package. Do i download both? and if so which one do I install first?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
The driver is just that, the driver. The package gives you the driver and VIA's audio control panel. Either will do. If all you want is sound and the generic volume control is good enough, just download and install the driver.

Murray

kelwan8

kelwan8

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
okay. Thanks. I give it a couple days to see if i get the blue screen again. THanks alot.