Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

multiple tabs disappear

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Recently my browser started to repeatedly lose the ability to support multiple tabs. In Internet Explorer 8, I click on the drop-down menu arrow on the right side of the Command Bar's Home button, select Add or Change Home Page from that drop-down menu, and then select "Use the current tab set as your home page" in the Add or Change Home Page dialog box. Then I launch another instance of the browser and close the original one. Then I've got multiple tabs. Sometimes they'll still be there the next time I boot up, but after a couple times, they're gone again. I have an installation of Windows thatís only a few weeks old (so I doubt any files are corrupted), and all my antivirus and antimalware software tells me Iím as clean as a whistle. How do I fix this?

BTW, here is what's selected in IE | Tools | Internet Options | General tab | Tabs | Settings:

Enable Tabbed Browsing
Warn me when closing multiple tabs
Enable Quick Tabs
Enable Tab Groups
Always open pop-ups in a new window
A new tab in the current window

Edited by BobLewiston, 14 March 2010 - 10:18 AM.