Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

asus M4A785-M. case fan issue

• Please log in to reply

digitalmunky

digitalmunky

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi all

I have chosen to go with the asus M4A785-M mobo for my first build which I will pair with the Phenom x2 550be. I have read the specs of the mobo which tell me there is only one connector available for a case fan.

My question is, is there any way around this? I have chosen to use the Antec Sonata III 500 ATX case as its a bargain here in Finland at the moment, but I am concerned that just the 1 case fan wont be enough.

Your help and guidance much appreciated.

Peter

Advertisements

Gary_AMD_fan

Gary_AMD_fan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Most places that sell pc parts have an adapter to hook up fans to the 4 pin plugs from the power supply.

digitalmunky

digitalmunky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks Gary, much appreciated

Peter

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Cheating on me huh? :)

Yeah, I agree. Just buy fans that come with 4 pin Molex connectors and just connect them to the PSU. They won't have variable speed, but it will work. You can use a 3pin Y adapter and power 2 case fans off of the one fan port on the mobo. I wouldn't put more than two though.

Molex and 3 pin Y Adapter

Edited by Ferrari, 18 March 2010 - 05:48 PM.