Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Blue Screen!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok! Last night as I was shutting down, the computer suddenly went to blue screen.
This morning when I turned it back on, I did a scan and found a trojan. It's gone now...
-Scanned a thousand more times to make sure-
It didn't find anything else, and that's the first time in a long time I've come across a virus.
The thing is, I'm just wondering where it could have come from...
I didn't even get a warning this time. (I have Norton 360).
The only thing I did differently was open myspace, and downloaded 'wavepad'.
-Un-installed wavepad- How can you figure out where it came from? v.v;
I'm just freaked out, because blue screens are frightening. D :
Do you think something else could be left hiding in my computer, or was it probably just the trojan?
Oh, and hopefully I'm posting in the right place. -Just joined- I have windows Xp so. @.@

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
There is 100% bullet-proof AV program.

If you worry...

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).