Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 in sad shape

• Please log in to reply

jazzy5

jazzy5

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everyone, I,m jazzy5 and, I'm new to this forum and glad to be here. I sure have a chore for someone out there, LOL. This system, (windows 7 ultimate 64-bit) must have come with a nest of roaches in it. For starters, system restore has no restore points at all. System protection properties page returns an error message (0X81000203). Any clues on a fix? How about this one. Can't download apps. run-time error 339, IGThreed40.ocx or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. Also, pertaining to downloads, I get a message saying, a referal was returned by the server. Any clues here? I researched all of these but, I didn't have any luck getting them fixed. I must say, all of these issues at the same time was, never an issue with xp but, at least this system seems to be more stable than xp. I'm thinking that, once I get rid of the demons within, that I will have a much better machine. If any of you kind souls out there can help me, I sure would appreciate it and, thanks a bunch. P.S. scanned with NIS 2010, nothing found.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

This system, (windows 7 ultimate 64-bit) must have come with a nest of roaches in it.

Is it used computer bought from someone else?

jazzy5

jazzy5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:) :) Hi Broni, Thanks for the reply. No roaches, just a joke. This rig is only about a month old, purchased directly from dell. When I first received it, there wasn't any problems that I noticed but, shortly there after, errors started to pop up in several key areas, including system restore. Also, can't do a scannow, won't let me and, I have complete control of the system. I,ve never seen a system fail this bad, so soon after receiving it. Well, windows 7, came preinstalled so, maybe something might have gotten overlooked, you never know. There is enough wrong with the system, to warrant a reinstall, ( It's no stanger to me, LOL) unless, someone can through me a life preserver. Ya'll let me know and thanks. Jazzy5

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
jazzy5-

I would take it back under warranty and have the whole system wiped/installed (after backing up your data, obviously). To me it sounds like something went wrong during the OEM's installation process. I don't think you have a malware infection- your issues sound more hardware-related than anything else. I vote saving yourself a lot of headaches and just getting a replacement or fix under warranty.

Hope that helps! :) Hopefully your next computer won't have a roach infestation :)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I would take it back under warranty

I second this.

MalwareBites

MalwareBites

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
You can wipe and reinstall Windows....But it sounds to me the issue is hardware related. Just take it back to Dell, they have excellent customer service.