Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to install Real Player SP free version

• Please log in to reply

duncombe2

duncombe2

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
When I try to install Real Player SP (free version)the installation gets half way through then cuts out but only after the point where it has uninstalled my previous Real Player version 10, so I am left without any version of Real Player at all. My usual browser is Google Chrome but have also tried IE7 (don't have IE8) without success. Have made several attempts but same result each time. Could this be an issue with Microsoft Security Essentials or the Windows Firewall. I run both and have not yet tried disabling them as I am worried about security threats if I do. Real customer service unable to help as I don't have paid for version. I run XP Pro on a Dell Dimension C521 which should have ample spec to run Real Player. Any help would be much appreciated. Ken

Advertisements